Jenesis Marketing Group
We provide a fun, encouraging, growing company environment where your input is highly valued, and where you have room to grow. We are looking for candidates with a can-do attitude, an eye for great design and aptitude for creative problem solving. We want you to join our award-winning team!
The Junior Web Developer/Designer will aid in editing and customizing WordPress themes to create websites based on client requests and design style guides. Once a website is created, the Junior Web Developer/Designer will help with revisions, maintenance, and additions to the website. They will work with the lead developer and account managers to ensure site builds and related tasks are prioritized and performed in a timely manner.
The job requires a demonstrated understanding of the WordPress framework, HTML, and CSS. Responsibilities will also include designing page layouts based on available content. Junior Web Developer/Designer will need to have a demonstrated understanding of design principles and what makes a good page layout. The right candidate will be able to complete tasks and designs with minimal oversight. The Junior Web Developer/Designer should be flexible and adaptable. They should be troubleshooters and problem solvers at heart.
- Working with the team to build out WordPress websites using pre-built WordPress themes
- Updating and testing plugins
- Working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Updating websites with requested client changes and revisions
- Integrating with third-party APIs
- Setting up e-commerce applications
- Aid in launching new websites (including site migrations and domain management)
- Aid in troubleshooting website rendering issues on mobile devices and browsers
- Creating and editing website graphics
- Generating page content from key points and bullets.
- Wireframing and prototyping
- Ability to work in a fast paced ever changing environment
- Well organized and can successfully multi-task multiple projects
- 1 – 3 years of WordPress based web development experience
- Expert knowledge of web usability standards and best practice
- Advanced knowledge of web browsers/browser compatibility
- Knowledge of the WordPress framework and themes This includes:
- Knowing how theme files function
- Knowing how to work with child themes
- Solid Adobe skills including Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
- Basic domain name and website hosting knowledge
- Excellent English writing skills
- Working knowledge of CSS
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Basic knowledge of PHP
- Print or other graphic design experience
- Basic video editing experience
- Social Media design and advertising experience
Extensive Benefits include:
- Medical – up to 75% of premium & HRA of $2K/$4K paid for by Company!
- Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance
- 401K Match
- Paid Time off and Holidays
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.